Friday, February 22, 2008

a year of crockpotting


How's this for a beautiful crockpot? If you love your slow cooker (and not just for making soap in), you must check out A Year of Crockpotting. A crockpot recipe every day for a year! There are desserts, soups, the regular meats and such - I can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds! I think I'll try the Crème Brulée this weekend. It's something I've never had but have wanted to ever since seeing Amélie for the first of many times. Elle aime...

3 comments:

Stephanie ODea said...

thank you for the link!
We adored the creme brulee- let me know how it comes out or if you need any help.

xxo
steph

ingrid said...

Holy shit. If your crème brulée in a crock pot actually works, I NEEEEEEED to eat some. I tried to make crème brulée once (in an oven, the traditional way) and it was dreadful. However, when it's made correctly, it is absolutely divine. We had a friend in Moncton who's a French chef and he made ginger crème brulée -- it's the most amazing thing you could ever dream of eating.

Canadian Saver said...

I was amazed too when I saw Crockpot Lady's crème brulée recipe !!! I was going to try it last week but didn't have enough heavy cream... have to buy some more!