Sunday, April 19, 2009

post 963 & soap tidbits


Wow, this is my 963rd post! Speaking of numbers, I'll be hitting the 300 mark soon (I hope it's soon - I'm currently at 293) for the number of soaps sold from my Etsy shop! The person who orders the 300th bar will be getting some extra goodies with their order, just so you know.

I'm in the process of updating my Birch Bark Soap blog, and will be making a few more minor changes as I figure out how to do what I want, with help from Adam. Have a peek! I just posted a tutorial on making round bars and loofah soaps, so you just might learn something new.

I'm off to get a loaf of the best bread ever started, and to continue cleaning up in the kitchen. The ceiling is done, leaving a fine film of drywall dust in its wake. My afternoon was spent cleaning and scrubbing and wiping down the kitchen, which was really kind of fun. I also made soap and did up that tutorial, so I think I'll be relaxing a bit tonight.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

ELK said...

you are so talented sherri~congrats on your impending milestones!
...
elk

The Wool Fairy said...

Soap making looks fun! I still have to try out that bread. It's on the list for this week.

Dropped you a note by email. Just thought I would mention since we've been having the spam problem (:

Alli said...

Sounds like you have been busy!! I am looking forward to finishing up my teaching so I can start on some home projects myself! We had to put the bedroom re-deco on hold for a while...

You blog is looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Also, well done on the sales! I am so happy that your soaps are making it out there, they are so DELICIOUS! :)

Sherrie said...

Thanks, everyone! Wool Fairy, I wrote you back the other day (Friday, I think!) Maybe mine landed in your spam, too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting close to your 300th bar of soap sale! I'm inspired by you: I think I'll do the Dutch Oven bread some time this week too.

Sherrie said...

Teresa, you are so sweet. :) I made the bread today with half spelt, and it looks pretty good! (I haven't tasted it yet!)